Bits n Pieces with Gwen Lafleur – A Virtual Class
As artists and crafters we’re often collectors – we have bits and pieces of this and that stashed throughout our studios or spaces. So why not bring them together to create a curated display case?
We’ll make our own curio boxes (I’ll provide two different patterns) and I’ll also demonstrate several types of handmade embellishments using air dry clay, stamps, paint, beads, and more.
We’ll combine our handmade embellishments (or pre-made if you prefer) with paper, ephemera, and other supplies to create several small pieces of layered and dimensional artwork, custom made and then nestled into their own little curio cubbies.
When complete, you’ll have a beautiful and personal display to showcase the Bits & Pieces that represent you and your style.
- you will receive a link to join our private Facebook group.
- Join in, meet, and interact with other students.
- About a week before the official live class there will be a pre-class video to demonstrate creating some of the elements to prepare for your projects. (This will be archived in the group if you can’t join live.)
- The live, 2-1/2 hour class will be taught through a Facebook Live video in our private classroom.
- Work along with me and ask questions via posts and comments.
- 4+ hours of live demos – that’s the equivalent of a full day in-person workshop, plus the added feedback and community interaction.
- Get downloadable patterns for two sizes / styles of handmade curio boxes.
- Learn how to make your own handmade clay embellishments as “bits” to use in your curio box.
- A coupon for 10% off your order for the Everything Mixed Media online shop (See FAQ for details)
- Videos, questions, comments, and projects are available indefinitely. You can re-watch later – as often as you’d like!
- Share photos of your in-progress and finished projects for feedback from me and other class members.
Sign Up here: Online workshop Sign up
Paper, Fabric, & Substrates:
Inks, Paints, Pens, etc…: