Our Design/Inspirational Team comes up with some wonderful projects for the store and we love to share them with you.
For this piece Debbie made an amazing project using file folders and Authentique’s Tiffany paper line.
We asked Debbie to write a tutorial for you.
Design Team Member: Debbie W.
Product Line: Authentique
Paper – Classique Elegant Collection; Breakfast at Tiffany’s Project Time: 6 hrs with a Broken Right Arm, lots of talking and birthday cake / Normal time: 3 hrs Project Supplies: • 1 sheet of each paper: CLA 001 thru CLA 006; CLA 014, CLA 016, CLA 018 • 1 – Standard Letter Size Manila Folder / top tab preference • 1 – Small bunch of Prima Sunrise/Sunset Flowers • 4 – Prima Block Tags • 1 – Yard of May Arts Ribbon • 1 – Sheet of chip board for support of elements • 1 – Sheet of burlap • 2 – yards of twine • Tim Holtz Distress Pads for inking edges – Broken China and Dusty Concord • Tim Holtz Distress Paint for inking edges – Broken China and Dusty Concord • Few – Beads • Scor Tape • Basic Tool Kit
- Take the manila folder and fold up to align with the bottom of the tab; approx. 3 ½” pocket.
- Back fold the two sides to the center spine to create 4 pocket pages to insert the tags or other memorabilia into them.
- Decorate each open face of the folder with the elements from the paper line, ink the edges and collage
- them onto the flaps. Mount a few elements onto chip board for support where they pop up past the folder flap.
- Decorate also the inside of the pockets with paper…layer and tear edges for additional texture and areas to ink.
- You have an option to either leave the folder as an accordion fold or Scor tape the two back wings together. This project example was taped together.
- Cut out two (2) chip board, cover with your favorite papers and secure to the front and back for stability of the folder, this will let it stand up on its own. Compile all the layers, stacking, inking edges for both the front and the back. Please note mount the layers onto chip board for added dimension and additional support of the flap.
- Make the tags…dip them into the distress paints to create fun backgrounds to match, add paper layers, embellish with the ribbon and twine. Add smaller tags, flowers to embellish each tag.
We think you will agree with us that this is a stunning project. Come on by the store and see it up close.