It is starting to feel a bit like a book store around here, but only better! We have a vast variety of new books and magazines in stock.Why are we better than a book store you ask? Because as you pick up your favorite reading material you can then turn around and buy the supplies needed to make the art you were inspired to make by your magazines. Plus you can earn ESS points for your purchase!
New Assortment of Books and Magazines!
Craft Stamper February 2014
Craft Stamper is the UK’s best and brightest specialised stamping magazine! Each month, we bring our readers an eclectic mix of inspirational stamping projects, ranging from cute cards, to altered art, mini books, scrapbooking, mixed media and much more besides.
Every issue features step-by-step techniques to help our readers get the most from their stamping supplies and encourage them to develop their skills further. Unlike many other magazines, we don’t just feature quick and easy makes: many of our projects are challenging, encouraging our readers to stretch themselves creatively.
Each issue also has a free cover mount stamp designed especially for Craft Stamper magazine, along with lots of ideas on how readers can use their gift. Other regular features include designer challenges, masterclasses, and our new products pages ‘First Impressions’.
We have a large pool of designers, helping us to keep the magazine looking fresh and vibrant each and every month and aim to bring our readers the latest products, trends and ideas. Craft Stamper is simply essential reading for the more adventurous crafter!
Creating Art at the Speed of Light
Artist and author Pam Carriker offers uninhibited mixed-media play that will inspire you to look at your work in a new way, helping you to figure out what works for you! An art-making workshop in a book, Creating Art at the Speed of Life will guide you through thirty days of creativity.
Order your copy today and . . .
- Explore each element Pam explains in a series of exercises, complete with worksheets to help you evaluate your work.
- Get to know well-known contributing artists as they share work designed to invigorate your own creations in the “open studio” at the end of each chapter
- Assess artwork, experiment, and grow into a more confident artist will guidance that packs a punch long after you’ve worked through the book.
- Create your own art journal while using a variety of mixed-media techniques and explore seven important elements of art: color, texture, shape, space, depth, mark making, and shading
Create art every day with expert guidance from fan-favorite artist Pam Carriker!
- Delight in the Art of Collage
Delight in the Details!
Add a bit of vintage detail to your collage work! In Delight in the Art Collage, Lisa M. Pace shares an abundance of mixed-media techniques and leads you step-by-step through 40 vintage-inspired projects!
Inside, you’ll find projects that focus on textiles, metal, paper, beeswax, and more. You will follow along with step-by-step instruction for beautiful creations such as:
- A felted wool and zipper-trim fabric collage built upon a background of lace and doilies
- A mobile (like you’ve never seen before!) featuring photo-transferred metal embellishments
- A wildflower-inspired collage of vintage book pages, aluminum punched flowers, and faux resin leaves
Easy and fun mixed-media techniques that span a vast variety of materials make this the most delightful offering yet from one of North Light’s most beloved artists.
- Mixed Media Painting Workshop
The artistic journey of a lifetime!Are you interested in adding a bit of mixed media to your artwork but unsure exactly how? “Mixed Media Painting Workshop” takes the fear out of artistic experimentation and instead celebrates the journey, step by step!
With “Mixed Media Painting Workshop,” you’ll learn a variety of techniques and use a unique selection of materials to express yourself and your style! From backgrounds to sketching, from painting to collage, from the elements of design to subject matter, you’ll find it all right here!
- Stencil Girl Mixed Media Techniques for Making and Using Stencils
The simple stencil can be the most versatile tool in your creative studio. Stencils create background effects, foreground details and a complex beauty that’s surprisingly easy to achieve. In Stencil Girl, Mary Beth Shaw will lead you step-by-step through 18 projects that will have you thinking about stencils in a whole new light as you discover how to use them with paint, wood burning, encaustic, hand stitching, metalwork and much more. Prepare to be inspired by what’s inside!
- Helpful tips for the best way to use stencils in a wide range of applications.
- Complete step-by-step instruction for a variety of projects including art for the wall, home decor, gifts and “just for fun.”
- Inspiring gallery pieces from 20 contributing artists, plus many bonus projects with links to online instruction.
Start to explore the potential of the stencil today. See how Stencil Girl will open up a new world of art-making possibilities to satisfy your creative cravings.
The Inner Hero Creative Art Journal: Mixed Media Messages to Silence Your Inner CriticThe Inner Hero Creative Art Journal by Quinn McDonald provides a whirlwind of inspiration for those looking to incorporate an element of self-reflection into their art journaling. Through a variety of mixed-media techniques and useful writing direction, you’ll be encouraged to not only invite your inner critic into the studio, but to go a step further and introduce the critic to your inner heroes or advocates—The Tarot Reader, The Gardener, The Scribe, The Alchemist, and The Wise Woman. Art journal prompts and exercises provided in each chapter listen to and challenge your critic, ensuing in an inspiring and productive inner conversation.
Image Transfer Workshop
No Fear Transfers
If you have never tried image transfers or have experienced image transfer mishaps, then Image Transfer Workshop is for you. This book presents step-by-step techniques for 35 image transfer processes, extensive tips for fixing mishaps and examples of how to combine transfers in finished pieces of mixed-media art.
This comprehensive guide features:
- 35 Techniques: This book focuses exclusively on making transfers—from simple tape and gel medium transfers to more complex and out of the box techniques, like solar silk screens and plastic wrap transfers.
- Troubleshooting:Image Transfer Workshop includes extensive answers to help fix problems in transfers gone wrong. You’ll learn what to watch for, what to do to get great transfers every time.
- Dual Styles, Dual Approaches: The authors’ different styles illustrate how transfer techniques can take on completely different looks. Finished pieces of art for each technique and a section of completely stepped-out projects are sure to inspire you!
Let Image Transfer Workshop help build your image transfer confidence.