Yup, it’s that time – Michelle, Rosemary, Nancy and I are simply too busy (you know, with all that important stuff we do around here!) to make the samples we need for the store and the blog, so we’re looking for…. you! Well, it could be you – what we need is a design team, and we’re now accepting applications!! We are looking for designers in all areas: card makers, layout artists, mixed media artists, and altered artists. Here are all the deets:
What we will ask of you:
1. You will need to produce two projects each month. One of these should include step-out pictures (including written directions) or a video tutorial. Pictures must be clear, well lit, attractively back dropped, precropped and reduced in size. If the projects are mini books or layouts or require such, they must include photos not just photo mats.
2. Projects created using your design team product may not submitted to other websites, blogs, or contests without our approval.
3. Projects you create will be returned to you after they are no longer needed at the store, but they will be considered the artistic property of Everything Scrapbook and Stamps and may be reproduced or altered as suits our needs.
4. You will need to be able to commit to a six month term. Please do not apply if you do not think you will be available for this time period.
5. Keeping your own blog is a plus. If you do operate a blog, we ask that you upload good pictures of your projects there and make all efforts to promote the store during your tenure.
6. You may belong to other design groups, provided you keep your ESS projects clearly separated from the projects of other design teams.
What you get in return:
1. You will be invited to the Everything Scrapbook and Stamps design team online chat group, to meet and confer with other design team members
2. You get to create projects from companies you like – choose from product lines we carry and that you would like to work with and we will assemble a package chosen just for you. This package is, of course no charge to you.
3. All design team members receive a 15% discount on store merchandise purchases made during their design team tenure.
4. You do not have to be local to apply – we can work through product shipments.
Sound interesting? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to receive an application. Please include four photos of your best work in each category for which you are applying with your returned application (for instance, if you do cards and layouts, submit four photos of cards and four photos of layouts). Please also understand that if the need arises we may request that the original project be brought in to the store or sent to us (If this occurs, we would ask you to pay postage to get it here, and we will pay return postage).
All applications must be received by September 30th, and designers will be notified by October 15th. The selection process will not be made by the employees of Everything Scrapbook & Stamps (so we can’t be bribed) but, by an independent jury. The first term will run from October 2012 thru March 2013.